12 Days of Christmas- Day 3- Ginger Bread Houses


I have decorated a ginger bread house every year at Christmas sense I was really little. I think it is such a fun and creative thing to do. The last several years I decorated one by myself but this year I was joined by my lovely friend. I wish I had saved the boxes so I could share which brand I used however they got tossed so I have no clue. I do know that they were the ones where you have to build the house rather than the ones that come pre-built. I do normally prefer the pre-built ones because I am normally terrible at constructing the gingerbread house, but this year I managed to built it without the roof caving in. I also went for a pink theme and because the candy that comes in the box isn't all pink so I brought candy from Winco in the bulk section. If you wanted to buy extra candy weather you just don't love the candy in the box or if you opt to go for more of a theme. I have done pink and pastel colors before and I also love the way a red a green house looks. Bridgett went for a red, white and blue type theme and I think both our house came out nicely. I am no expert on building ginger bread houses or decorating but I will give a few pointers that I have learned over the years.

First off when it comes to building the house if you have the type of house you have to build yourself be sure not use too much of the frosting or too little. You have to try to find the right balance between the two and be sure that you let it sit and often holding the pieces in place for a few minutes is helpful. 

When it comes to decorating picking a color scheme or pattern will make the house look neater but also remember that it's really all for fun so don't worry about making it perfect.

You can always look up ideas for decorating your house on Pinterest or just Google if you're lacking inspiration or if you are just unsure of what you what to get started on. This year I just went for it and didn't look anything up. I do kind of wish I had though because I was not entirely happy with how my roof turned out.

Lastly keep gravity in mind, if you have a candy that's on the heavy side it probably won't stick in certain places so I find keeping that in mind makes choosing where to place decorations easier.














Thanks so much for reading, come back tomorrow for another Christmas post!
Xx Paisley Grace

Comments

Popular Posts