12 Days of Christmas- Day 10 - Baked Goods


One of my all time favorite traditions of Christmas is the sweets. I mean don't worry the day is still all about the birth of Christ but hey a girl can eat some cookies while clelbrating that right? We usually make several different types of cookies, I make some on my own, some with my Grandma and some with my Mom. Basically there is a tone of cookies that I love and may or may not later feel guilty about stuffing my face with. In this post I am sharing two of my favorite. Sugar cookies are your good ol classic Christmas cookies. They are a hassle to make but once a year it is a hundred percent worth it. The second type of cookies are "Double Chocolate Dream Andes Mint Cookies" and if the name doesn't give it way they are super chocolaty and minty and amazing. Neither of these are my own I think that the the chocolate ones came off the back of bag of nestles and we just use Andes mints instead of chocolate chips. But these are some of my favorites and I wanted to share so here they are.

Sugar Cookies 

Ingredients

1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup of butter (two sticks)
2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder


Instructions

Mix the vanilla, butter, eggs and sugar until creamy and blended.
Then add the dry ingredients gradually to prevent the four from making a mess.
 Once mixed together separate into two large sections, wrap in parchment paper and chill in the fridge for around 45-50 minuets.
Preheat oven to 350
Roll out dough and use flour to help the cookie cut outs from sticking.
Bake for 12 minutes and take cookies off promptly.





Frosting

Powdered sugar
Butter
Vanilla extract 
Milk
Food coloring of your choice

The frosting is really easy, I don't use measurements for the frosting I just go by what makes the right consistency. It's just a splash of milk and an even smaller splash of vanilla. If it's to thick add milk if it's to runny add sugar.







Double Chocolate Dream Andes Mint Cookies

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
1 Cup of butter (two sticks)
1 cup of packed brown sugar
 3/4 cup of sugar 
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups of Andes mints ( crushed or you can get the mint chips already in chip form)



Instructions

Preheat oven 375.
Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt) in a separate bowl and set aside for later.
Beat butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla in a mixer.
Beat in eggs one at a time.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Beat in the mints one cup at a time.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 Minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minuets before removing to wire racks.








 These are just a couple of the cookies I've made so far, and now I am off to make more. Hope you enjoyed these and if you try out the recipes comment what you think below.
Xx Paisley Grace



Comments

Popular Posts