Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

Unpopular Opinions


This tag is about my bookish opinions that might not be shared with all that many people. Of course, these are just my personal opinions (which I am entilted to ;)) and are in no way intended to offend or upset anyone. If a book I maybe don’t love so much is your favorite that’s okay because everyone has different tastes in all aspects. This tag was created on YouTube and I will link the creator of the tags video at the bottom of the post. Also some of the answers may contain spoilers about the novels or series I am talking about so if an answer to a question is about a book or series you haven't read and don’t want to be spoiled I would advise skipping past that question. Anyway lets get right to it and answer the questions.
Questions 1)  A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.

A popular book that I didn’t really like would have to be Paper Towns by John Green. The reason why I didn’t really like this book is that I didn’t really like any of the characters with the exception of Q and for me not caring about the characters and not really being invested in the plot I struggled to get through the book. I think another reason I didn’t like the book was that it was over hyped, I had several people rave to me about how much they liked the book so when I started reading it and didn’t find myself liking it as much as they had I was slightly put off by it.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.

I am not really sure people "hate" this series but I have yet to find someone who enjoys the "Uglies" series as much as I do. This was one of the first series that really got me back into reading and I know that that is definitely a factor of why I adore it so much. I also just really love the universe and Scott Westerfelds writing. It's a dystopian novel set in a world where everyone has extreme plastic surgery when they turn the age 16 and before you have the surgery you are an "Ugly". I really loved how throughout the series in each book it sort of follows the same pattern with the main character Tally growing as a person but events leading to her back tracking character wise so much.  


3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with.


Okay this one definitely has spoilers so proceed with caution.

If you haven't read Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas yet you may not understand my pain in this one. But I am "Team Chaol" all the way. After finishing Queen of Shadows it appears that that ship has sunk(I still have hope tho). From the first chapter of Throne of Glass I knew that Chaol was going to be one of my favorite character and who I wanted Celaena to "love". I firmly believe they belong with each other and in the next two books if they don't get back together I may be slightly broken hearted. Hold on Chaol peeps I feel your pain.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.

Horror. I don’t like being scared so I don’t tend to reach for horror novels.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.


Rowan from the Throne of Glass series. It's not that Ieven necessarily dislike him but I'm definitely not feeling the love. So many people who are into the TOG series adore him and I just don't really see the appeal. I liked him more in Heir of Fire than in Queen of Shadows by far and there is still two more books in the series so I MAYBE will like him more as his character continues to develop but I wouldn't hold your breath. 

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into. 


Suzanne Collins. I think that this is just because I saw Hunger Games movies before I tried to read the series and because I had seen the movies so much and was already aware of the majority of the plot of the whole series I couldn’t really get into the books.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing


I would say a trope I am starting to get tired of seeing is the dystopian novels with the corrupted government. I have read a lot of books with this trope as the plot and loved them but I have read so many that I don’t see myself reaching for any dystopian books any more. I think that it is just over done and the ones that get it right are amazing reads but a poorly written dystopian novel is painful.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

Maze Runner series is a popular series and I have never read it but I just don’t see myself ever reading it. Like I mentioned in the previous question I'm not very likely to pick up a dystopian novel lately and I saw the movie and really enjoyed it but since I already know the plot and don’t see myself reading the books. I have also heard very mixed things about the books but to say I have NO interest is probably a far stretch because I wouldn’t say I would NEVER read the books because I would give any book a chance but I don’t see myself reading it anytime soon.

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?


For this question I would have to say Paper Towns by John Green. As I said before I didn’t love the book and I wouldn't say I loved the movie either but as an overall experience I enjoyed the movie better then the book. I liked the side characters better in the movie and most the changes in the movie were minor or bettered the plot. My one compliant about the movie would be the different ending when they found Margo and the difference of how they went to prom instead of needing to get to Margo in time. 

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag Video

Thanks so much for reading! Let me know in the comments if you agree or disagree. Also be sure to follow me on Bloglovin and if you want on Goodreads for other book reviews and other such book things.

Paisley Grace

Comments

Popular Posts