Wrap Up and Reading Slumps


So it has been quite some time since I have post anything book related on this blog. I do have good reason for that; I have hardly read anything in the last few months. Being busy with school and other responsibilities has not left much time for reading and I am now in a bit of a reading slump. I HATE having no motivation to read but I have read a couple of share worthy books sense my last post.

I have read some good and some not so good books and I am going to just share the ones I would recommend.



Passenger By Alexandra Bracken
I am a huge fan of Alexandra Bracken and her other series, The Darkest Minds so I was so excited to pick up this book. I did like this book, not as much as The Darkest Minds series but it was a really good read. The element of Time Travel and the family’s and the backstory in this book one of my favorite parts of this novel. 
This book is about a young girl, Etta who unknown to her is a part of a long line of time Travers. After an incident where her mother goes missing she goes on adventure to find her mom which leads to her having to find and product a dangerous and powerful family heirloom. Joining her on the journey is Nicholas another time traveler with a past full of secrets.

All the different times they went to were so diverse and the historical elements to this book where so entertaining to read. At each passage I couldn’t wait to find out where they were going next and I look forward to all the new places and times they will be going in the next book “Wayfarer”.


Me Before You By JoJo Moyes
I first heard of this book when I saw the trailer for the movie and I instantly went out and bought it. I loved this book so much, it has been so long sense I have read a contemporary that I liked as much as this one. I especially loved Will and Lou, the two characters had such great chemistry and I loved the development of their relationship.

The story is about a young woman, Lou Clark who lives in a small town and has never really gone anywhere or done much of anything in her life. Then she begins working for a family taking care of a quadriplegic man, Will and her relationship with him changes everything about her and her life. This book is so good and unique and I would highly recommend it.


The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
 So happy I have finally started this series. After reading the first Percy Jackson and falling in love with the world and the characters I was so excited to start this series. I really liked this book; however I do not love the new characters and much as Percy and his friends. 
Leo is easily my favorite character in this book. I loved having a child of Hephaestus and all the inventions and just getting more time learning about Hephaestus as a character was really entertaining. Leo was also really funny which was nice because Jason lacks the humor that Percy has. Not a huge fan of Piper but I’m sure she will grow on me. There were so many elements to this book that as a Percy Jackson fan were so exciting. Jason’s relation to Thalia and seeing Thalia again was easily one of my favorite’s parts. I liked that in this book you got to know new gods epically the smaller ones that were not in the first series. I will say that Hedge is not my favorite character, I was a little annoyed when he came back but his interactions with the kids is all right. I cannot wait to read the second book and learn more about the Roman camp and where Percy has been. Learning more about the Roman mythology was an aspect of this book that I really liked. I love all Rick Riordan's so of course I liked the book.


My advice on reading slumps.
If you are having a hard time reading or getting back into reading here a few of my tips.

Firstly would be just forcing yourself to read, even if it's just a few pages try to get back into a habit of picking up a book. Secondly avoid Netflix or binge watching TV shows. I always have a hard time reading if I am obsessing over a new show, so if you would rather be reading just make it a priority over TV. Picking an easy read is another good way to get back into reading. For me when I finish a long series or longer book I like to read something short and fun. Another good book to help you get out of a reading slump is re-reading an old favorite, this is a good way to get through a book quickly and you already know it's going to be a good book. These are just a few things I try to do when I am book hungover.

Thank you so much for reading. This post was a little diffrent but look back for better put together book-ish post later this month. Follow me on Goodreads for more of what I'm currently reading.
Xx Paisley Grace

Comments

Popular Posts