Green Fried Tomatoes

Here is Paisley pretending she knows how to cook again. As you may be able to tell from the title of this post, this is another recipe/cooking post. This is a recipe that I have made with my mom sense I was really little and we haven’t made in years, so we my Mom and I were making them tonight I couldn’t help but goof off a little and I made this video.



This is a really easy recipe and was taken from Pomidori Verde. I have added the recipe and a few picture of the items we used to make them bellow.

"Green Fried Tomatoes"
    10 Green tomatoes, medium sized
    1/4 cups Flour, all purpose
    1 Tbsp Salt
    10 turns Black pepper freshly ground
    4 Eggs
    2 Cups Bread crumbs
   1 Cup Parmesan cheese
   1/8 Cup Italian parsley, chopped fine
   1 Cup Olive oil ( Approximate)

METHOD: Slice tomatoes into 1/4 thick ( I prefer thin) Slices, set aside. In three separate bowls combine the following mixtures:
1. Combine flour, salt & pepper.
2. Mix eggs until well blended.
3. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese & parsley. 

Dredge tomato slices into the flour mixture, dip into the egg and finally press the bread crumb mixture into each slice.

Place olive oil in a medium sautee pan and heat over medium heat. Once oil is hot, suatee tomatoes until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.

The green fried tomatoes are great served alone or with a garnish of a fresh tomato sauce or salsa.





Thanks for reading this post and if you make them I hoped you enjoy them as much as I do.

Xx Pais Grace

Comments

Popular Posts