Copper and Gold (Makeup Look)


I am challenging myself to be more creative with my makeup, especially with eye makeup and eye shadows. I tend to get in this rut of just wearing the same makeup look every time I do my makeup, a classic wing black liner no eye shadow. It gets boring though and I've forgotten the joy of makeup and the creativity of it. So here I am once again with a beauty post sharing a makeup look that I put together. I created this look around my Colourpop Super Shock eye shadow in the color Sequin. These Super Shock eyeshadows are incredible, so pigmented and bold. I am keeping myself back from buying more at the moment but the new Colourpop eye shadows are definitely at the top of my makeup wish list. I haven’t worked with a cream shadow before and it’s definitely different than a powder.  It gave me a bit of a learning curve but I love this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new eye product to play with. I hope you like the look I put together and let's start the New Year lots of glitter on our eyes.


For the skin after I washed and moisturized my face I applied the NYX BB cream in the lightest shade. I have been using this BB cream for a while and it is pretty good, not the best coverage but it is buildable and it does not irritate my skin or cause break outs. I apply all my liquid face makeup with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and after I set my face with a translucent powder.
The eye shadow used in this look mostly came from my Lancôme Paris en Rose 2016- Chic Elegance pallet. This is my favorite everyday pallet that I own. (I use these shadows more than any of my Naked pallets) I got this pallet in a gift set from the Lancôme counter so I am not sure if it is possible to buy this pallet currently or as a standalone. Also the colors have no names so I used the hearts to show which colors I used for this look.
For this look I started with the matte brown shade and a fluffy eye shadow brush and used it to define my crease and as a base. I then took the dark brown shade and went over the crease to darken it and I went further on the outer corners of my eye. The glitter copper shade I used on the lid as a base for the cream shadow and I also used it on a small brush to line the bottom of my eyes.
The Colourpop Super Shock Shadow was the main focus for this look and was the last step with the eyes. I use my fingers to apply this shadow and then blend out the edges with a fluffy brush. I would highly recommend these shadows, there are great variety of shades to choose from and the product is very affordable. 
I also added a pair of fake lashes to top off the look. I use the Ardell Demi Wispies, they are easily my go to lash. 

For the face makeup I used the Tarte Pro Glow pallet. I use the color sculpt which is a matte soft brown bronzer for contore and to stick with the gold theme I used the color lit (seen in the picture) for highlight.



For the lips I used this baby sample of  a Nars matte lip crayon. It has no name on it but it is a soft baby pink nude. I wanted to go with a simple lip and keep the statement more on the eyes for this particular look.


Links


Thank you SO much for reading! Make sure you follow me on Bloglovin to see more posts.
Xx Paisley Grace




Comments

Popular Posts