2018 Goals

At the beginning of 2018 and the closing of 2017 I looked back at my goals/resolutions from 2017, it turns out I failed all of them. I don't feel bad about the year 2017 and the things I accomplished, I think that rather I set impossible (and some weird) resolutions for myself. I want to go into this year with much more realistic resolutions and accomplish as much as I can and be happy with that. Working harder and being more productive is something I am always striving towards and that will continue in this new year. I may not have read 50 books or worked out everyday but I did accomplish at lot with school and my relationships and that's whats really important to me.

So saying that I am still going to set myself some goals for this new year and do my best to stick to them or accomplish them. So here they are, that way I can look back and the end of the year and assess how I did.


  • Finish the Bible
I started reading through the whole bible last year and it was my goal to finish it in 2017 and I came a bit short. However I will finish it! I want to be in the word more consistently and not rush through reading to check off a mark so that I "read it in a year". I am disappointed I didn't accomplish this in one year but I will finish it through. 

  • Get Fit!
This to me seems like the most generic new years resolution, BUT a great one to have. I always want to be in better shape and this goal is one that is on my list every year. This year though I didn't say I had to do it everyday or I can't ever eat certain foods. I just want to do the best that I can and keep working towards being in the shape that I desire. 

  • Floss
This one really doesn't require much incite. I just need to floss more. 

  • Read as much as possible (50 books?)
I have had read 50 books on my resolutions sense 2015 and I have yet to do it (someday I will!). Last year was a terrible year for reading, I think I read somewhere around 6 books which is a very small number for me. With college I just don't have the time for reading like I use to and it is disappointing but also good that I am able to focus that time on school. This year I said read as much as possible because I would like to read more when I do have a spare moment. I tend to watch a lot of TV or Netflix in spare time and I would like to shift that time back to books. Reading is something I love and I want to be better at finding time for it. 

  • Blog as much as possible 
My goal for this blog is to post once a week. Some months that will happen and some it won't and that's okay. Last year was also a terrible year for blogging. I just never had time or ideas and it lost it's fun that it had had in year prior. I feel back into though, I really did miss it and I have lots of ideas for this new year. 

  • Practice Daily
I said in some of my previous goals that I was avoiding the work "daily" but I really want to stick to it on this one. I love playing music and it is something I really want to work harder on this year. When it comes to practicing I am the worst, I have such a hard time getting into it and sticking to a schedule. I feel that for me the one way to get better at it is to make it more of a habit. Even if I just do 10 or 15 minuets I want to spend some time practicing. Hopefully I can stick to this and by the end of the year be getting in good amount of time each day.

Here is to sticking to resolutions and having a positive and productive 2018!
Thanks so much for reading.
Xx Paisley Grace


Comments

Popular Posts