Most Anticipated Book Releases of 2016

2016 is a great year to be a reader of Young Adult fiction. I read a lot of series that I fell in love with last year and this year there are some great sequels and just books by authors that I love that I CAN NOT wait for. There are also books that have had a good amount of hype and are by authors that I haven't had a chance to read yet. But this year I hope to!

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

I haven't had the chance to read anything by Susan but reading the synopsis really interested me in the novel. I am going through a bit of a High Fantasy phase and starting a new series in this genre is exciting. Sarah J. Maas wrote a review on goodread about Susan’s new book and Maas is the author of not only some of my favorite books but the books are also High Fantasy. "Make room on your all-time favorite’s shelf: TRUTHWITCH is an instant new classic.
It reminded me of why I started reading fantasy in the first place: its fierce and vibrant world, richly-drawn characters, and dazzling intrigue harkens to the best of Megan Whalen Turner, Robin Hobb, and Jacqueline Carey. And while it pays homage to the epic fantasies that have come before it, it also lays the foundation for a bright new chapter in the genre."- Sarah J. Maas
Um if that doesn't make you want to read this I'm not sure what will.


Lady Renegade by Rachael Hawkins

This is the third (and final??) book in the Rebel Belle series. I loved Rebel Belle, it is about a southern belle named Harper who life of home coming court and cotillion changes after a little life and death experience at the high school dance which leads her to becoming a Paladin, which comes with unpleasant duties and super human abilities. It was such a witty book filled with great and well developed characters. There is so much more to the book that I can't really talk about without spoiling. I love Harper and her development throughout the book along with David, Harper's nemesis/love interest/the person who she is bound to protect. So as you can tell I loved the book, so you can imagine my disappointment when Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle 2) came out last year and didn't live up to its previous book standard. It is hard to go into anything without ruining points of the plot but overall I did not like it. But I am holding out hope for book 3! And so here it is on my list.


The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Orical by Rick Riordan

I read the Percy Jackson series last year and fell in love. I have talked my face off about my love of Rick Riordans books and when I found out that there was a new series that was to be set in the Percy Jackson world I was ecstatic. I haven't read the Heroes of Olympus series yet but I plan to marathon that this month of the next. As long as I read them before this book comes out I will be good and the date is in May.


Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

I actually already own this book, but because it came out this year I am going to include it in this post. I haven't read it yet but I cannot wait to start this novel. I loved Alexandra Bracken's other series the Darkest Minds and I was so excited when I found out she was putting out a new book. I assume that it is going to be a series but I am not sure if that assumption is correct or not, but either way I love her writing style or I can't wait to read this! Also the cover is stunning and lets be real we all at least a little judge a book by its cover.


The Last Star by Rick Yancy

I am a huge fan of the 5th Wave series by Rick Yancy, I recently re-read the first book and I had forgotten how much I love the world and the characters. I will say that I didn't enjoy the Infinite Sea as much as the first book but I still liked it, my biggest complaint would  be how much shorter it was in compassion to The 5th Wave. So hopefully The Last Star is a good five hundred to six hundred pages. My other annoyance is that the movie for the first book is out before the series is finished; I would have liked to finish the entire series before seeing the movie.


Untitled Throne of Glass book 5 by Sarah J. Maas

This is probably the book I am looking forward to the most, even though it has not been named yet, and there is not even a release date yet. Goodreads says it's coming out next year around end of summer and I can hope and pray that the prediction is correct. Queen of Shadows left off with so many unanswered questions and Ugh it was so good I need a new book. When I re-read the series in preparation for the new book I am going to do full reviews on each of the 4 that are already out.

Thanks so much for reading!
xx Paisley Grace


Comments

Popular Posts