January Wrap Up


January was a bit of a flop, I had a lot going on with school and unfortunately reading is less of a priority than school and other responsibilities. But I did manage to get a few books read so I will list them with the typical review/summaries in my wrap ups.

If you read my last wrap/tbr you may notice that I didn't read really any of the books I had planned to read. Sometimes when starting a new book I just don't feel in the mood for certain genre or any given reason, I choose a different book then I planned to read the month before. Because of this I have decided to stop doing TBR's because it makes me feel trapped into reading certain books and I don't want reading to feel like a chore, so for now at least I will only be doing wrap ups.

The first book I read was The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy
This was a book I have read before I actually re-read it because the movie just came out and I wanted to read the book again before seeing the movie. I haven't seen the movie yet after re-reading the book I am more exited or nervous than before. I love this book, I love the character and I am a huge fan of Yancy's writing and the creativity of the story and plot. I love how throughout the book you are always questioning everyone and how there are so many plot twist's back and forth. The premise of the book is that the "others" or aliens have come to earth and are attacking the earth in waves. 1st wave lights out, 2ed wave surfs up, 3ed wave pestilence, 4th wave silencers, and the 5th wave you'll have to read the book to find out.

The second book I read was The Rest Of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
The plot of the book is about a world or a suppose in this case a town that is full of "chosen ones" and kids who always save the day but this novel doesn't follow their story but the story of a group of kids who have everyday problems admits the world ending. They know that the Indie Kids (choses ones, heroes, saviors take your pick) are fighting something but they also know that it doesn’t affect them; they have their own problems to deal with.

The premise of a book where it follows the characters you don't normally get the practice of really interested me. I assumed it would be funny, I’m not sure why I thought that, but it was not really a cosmetic book. I did like the book but not as much as I wanted to. I didn't love all the characters and I really wanted more information about what the indie kids were dealing with, which is kind of the opposite of the point of the book. I have a more in depth review of the plot on goodreads if you are interested.

The last book I read was A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken

I picked up this book because of my love for Alex Bracken and her previous novels. I am not really a huge star wars fan. I do like it and have watched the movies multiple times but I don’t eat breath and sleep Star Wars. I think that the idea of writing the books by different popular authors is also really neat, and gives the movies a new and fresh perspective. I will say I wish there was more of Lea’s perspective. My least favorite part of the movie is the very begging just because it is more exciting later on. I would have loved Lea’s perspective in the end of the book instead of Luke’s. I did like the book, I have a love for middle grade reads and I like the incorporations of pictures that were in the book. I will say that Han’s point of view was my favorite out of the book. It was easily the funniest and his thoughts of Lea and Luke just his inter monologue was quite funny and different then what you get from Han in the movie. Overall it was enjoyable and a fun read.

Thanks so much for reading!
Xx Paisley Grace

Comments

Popular Posts