Favorite Lipsticks


I am what some may call a lipstick fanatic. I love playing with different shades and different colors but I most definitely have my favorites and ones I use the most. That's what this post is all about, the brands and colors I can't live without.(I mean I could by I'd prefer not to.) My favorites do tend to change with the seasons or my mood but these are all lip looks I have been wearing for not just this season but for quite some time.
The favorites are categorized by color, I thought that this would make more senses and then it wouldn't end up being an entire post purple/berry lipsticks. I also made diverse selections so if you are not a red lipstick kind of wearer there are also some tamer options that I am also a huge fan of.

I am sure that I have talked about at least most of these colors before, like I said they are my favorites.


RED

NYX-Eden
Maybelline-Red Revival
Red is a pretty classic look, I think one you can't really go wrong with. I have probably more red lipsticks then one girl actually needs, especially sense most the time I reach for the same too. The thing is though even though red is one color there are many different shades of red. I like to go for a brighter, classic type red look and I think that these two are a great combination. I do wear them on their own sometimes but I most the time mix the two. Starting with Eden (NYX) because it is a matte shade and then going over it with Red Revival. (Maybelline).
The two colors are pretty similar in shade, I like to mix them mostly because one is matte and one has more of a glossy finish and I just like the way it feels and looks with the two combined.



MAUVE

NYX-Lala
I will admit that I use to make fun of mauve lipstick. My mom has more mauve lipstick then any other color and I just use to never understand the appeal, that was until I got one of my own. I am now an avid mauve wearer. I really like NYX lipsticks in general, if you have read other post's about makeup I have talked about them a lot. This is one of the extra creamy lipsticks and it is really nice quality and is a even better price. LaLa is definitely a darker shade of mauve and almost gives a more edgy look then a pink, but it's more wearable during the day time then a dark berry or bright red.



PINK

Lancome- Blush Classique
Revlon- Color Stay - Elusive
Pink is a great color, just as a color and as a lipstick. I definitely wear more pink in the summer or spring then in the winter and fall but I still wear this combo year round. This is another two lipstick that I like to mix. I love the color of the Revlon chubby stick (color Elusive) but it is one of those matte lipsticks that dries out a lot, especially in the center of your lips. It sometimes can begin to look patchy and no one wants that. But with the Blush Classique (Lancome) paired with it, it is great and the lipstick stays on nicely for a good amount of time. 



BERRY

NYX-Licorice
Even more then red I love berry lips. I especially love this lipstick in particular, as you can see it is near the end of it's life. I easily wear this lipstick more then any of the other ones I own. I do have quite a few other similar shades that I also really like but this one is by far my favorite. It's very pigmented, it has good long wear, it goes on smooth and doesn't dry out your lips, it is GREAT. I know for a fact I have already over talked about this lipstick on here so I am going to leave it at yay, go buy it!




Links:

Thanks so much for reading! Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin by clicking HERE.
Xx Paisley Grace

Comments

Popular Posts