Pink Birthday


I very recently had my twentieth birthdays and it was one of my favorite parties I have had. The planning was almost as fun as the actual day. I wanted to have a party this year and the theme I went with was pink. I just wanted everything to be pink that was the only requirement. My family and friends played along so well they even all dressed in pink. We even went as far as eating lots of pink food and drinking pink drinks. It was for sure an evening that Elle Woods would approve of.

I am so thankful to everyone for coming and getting to spend my birthday with all of my very favorite people. Here are some pictures and highlights from my party.


 Waffles are my all time favorite food and breakfast is my favorite meal so this was the PERFECT way to start my day. Having a nicely laid out table is a great way to make any meal or party look special. Sticking with a color theme helps to pull the whole table together and fresh flowers a really easy decoration. We tried to make the waffles pink as well but the dye baked out of them, however they still tasted amazing.





I made my own birthday cake this year and I am so proud of how it turned out. It is a ice cream funfettie cake with strawberry ice cream. I used a lot of different pintrest recipes along with some of my own. 
For the cake I just used a box cake the Pillsburry funfetti cake mix and the ice cream was Dryers strawberry cheesecake but any cake or ice cream would work. 

For the frosting I wanted a whipped cream based frosting so I used this recipe here
I really liked the way this frosting turned out and it tasted great with the ice cream cake instead of using a butter cream. I used a vanilla pudding in the recipe instead of white chocolate and I also added the pink coloring.

For the macaroons on top I used this recipe. They were a lot of work but I really followed the directions closely and they turned out great in flavor and appearance. Loved how cute the sprinkles look on macaroons and on the cake. 

For the macaroon filling I made an almond butter cream.
When I make butter creams I never follow a recipe I just eyeball it.
I mixed together 
-Unsalted butter (has to be unsalted) and I whipped it for a long time with a standing mixer.
-Powdered sugar
-A splash of milk or cream 
-Almond extract
-Pink coloring
I just mix it all together until it is firm and tastes to my liking.




 Love love love my amazing friends for spending my day with me.





I got a Polaroid camera for Christmas and I knew I wanted to use it at my party to use a decorations and to have pictures to keep. Displaying the Polaroids is a great and easy decoration as well.



All in all a great way to start my twenties! Hope you enjoyed the post. Pink dress I got off ASOS.com.
Xx Paisley Grace

Comments

Popular Posts